As the Kansas City area’s only regional economic development organization, the Kansas City Area Development Council attracts large corporate investment and well-paying jobs, creating wealth and economic opportunity for the 18-county region – known as OneKC.
KCADC is supported by more than 250 top corporations and 50-plus city and county partners who are passionate KC supporters and believe in the value of OneKC.
KCADC involves and engages its investor members through a variety of communication tools, resources, events, leadership opportunities and personal attention.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in KCADC is one of the best marketing investments for KC area companies. Investor status brings prominent positioning among the region’s top corporations, an inside track on new business deals and access to key local leaders. In addition, KCADC investor members have the opportunity to directly impact the area's future growth. Here are a few of the ways KCADC keeps investors involved.
- Inside Information || Investors are notified in advance of major business development announcements, and provided with monthly and quarterly updates on the area's progress.
- Business Referrals || KCADC works to connect investors with businesses expanding and relocating to KC.
- Client Recruitment || Investors are selectively asked to meet personally with corporate prospects, helping to "sell" the Kansas City region as the location of choice for growing and expanding businesses.
- Special Recruitment Initiatives || Investors often provide specialized support for major recruitment initiatives, including headquarters attraction, life sciences, animal health, technology, transportation and manufacturing.
- Prospecting Events || Periodically, these KCADC-sponsored events give investors an opportunity to participate directly in KC area recruiting efforts.