The Kansas City Area Development Council is a private, non-profit organization. We are charged with representing the economic interests of the entire two-state, 18-county Greater Kansas City region of 2.5 million. KCADC was named the No. 1 Regional Economic Development Group in the nation
by our clients in 2014.
Mission: Engage the world to invest in the One KC region.
- Attract new companies and talent to the 18-county, two-state KC region.
- Enhance awareness of our metro's assets to create positive perceptions.
- Promote the KC region as a business and lifestyle location of choice.
- Brand the KC region as one product to stimulate economic growth.
- Equally support all of our regional communities and investors.
- Facilitate relocation/expansion process between a company and its selected KC community.
Three guiding principles lay the foundation for all that KCADC does:
- Both the states of Kansas and Missouri, and our constituent communities, are always dealt with fairly, open-handedly, and with balance. A regional marketing effort is the only effort that will be successful over time.
- The client's view of metro Kansas City will be one of a smooth, seamless whole, united behind an effort to successfully locate the client in our community. Competition for these clients among our community partners is brokered through KCADC in order to present the best possible business opportunity for the client. It is also done in a manner that never disparages the alternate state or alternate communities.
- A success anywhere in the metro is a success shared by all.