Russell Stover Chocolates
Founded in 1923, Russell Stover Chocolates is the largest producer of fine boxed chocolates in the United States. It began in Denver, Colorado as a candy business in the home of Russell and Clara Stover. The original candy, marketed as “Mrs. Stover’s Bungalow Candies”, changed 20 years later to Russell Stover Candies. The three principles of quality, service and value allow Russell Stover to remain “Only the Finest”.
For 37 years, the Stover family and their partners operated the company. In 1960, the partnership dissolved and the company was purchased by Mr. Louis Ward. At that time, the company had 35 retail stores and more than 2,000 agencies selling its candies. The company grew from a quality producer on a regional scale to an international company. It has sales in all 50 states and Canada and now sells in almost 40 company-owned retail shops throughout the United States and at over 70,000 drug stores, card and gift shops, grocery stores, department stores and mass retail stores.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Candies was acquired by Lindt and Sprüngli, a Swiss based international conglomerate sold in more than 80 countries with production sites in Europe and the US, distributing on four continents. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.