KCP&L, headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, is a full-service energy provider with more than 3,200 employees. As a regulated investor-owned electric utility, KCP&L serves more than 800,000 customers in 47 northwestern Missouri and eastern Kansas counties, a service area of approximately 18,000 square miles.
It takes more than 3,000 miles of transmission lines, 25,000 miles of distribution lines and more than 400 substations to deliver power to our customers. KCP&L operates eight base load plants with 16 generating units and has over 4,300 megawatts of generation in operation or under construction. The company has 10 peaking plants with 37 units that can generate nearly 2,300 megawatts. Additionally, over 18% of KCP&L’s portfolio is renewable energy.
Moving or expanding a business can be a complicated process. We can help you consider all the elements and guide you through the location process.
- Affordable rates below the national average, resulting from a balanced energy mix and industry leadership in electricity distribution and energy efficiency.
- Award-winning reliability and customer service standards, with system reliability in the top 25% of utilities nationwide.
- Programs and incentives that help our business customers reduce operating costs and increase energy efficiency.
- Proven reliability. KCP&L has fewer outages than most utilities in other metropolitan areas.
- A sustainability partnership. KCP&L has been an early adopter of many environmental compliance rules. In addition to over 1,400 MW of renewable energy resources, a significant amount of KCP&L’s coal fleet have undergone environmental upgrades.
- A strong commitment to community involvement and environmental stewardship.