June 08 | 7:30AM
International Symposium on Beef Cattle Welfare
We are pleased to announce that the 5th International Symposium on Beef Cattle Welfare will be held at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas on June 8th – June 10th 2016. The 2016 Organizing Committee has put together a remarkable program that we believe will give you the opportunity to discuss, debate, and learn about the current and emerging welfare issues that face the beef cattle industry with today’s beef cattle welfare experts. Distinguished beef experts, bovine practitioners, philosophers and animal scientists will offer their insight and perspective as well as discuss the latest research findings. In light of the ever-changing production practices keeping up with consumer demands, this symposium will be exclusively focused on welfare issues that are certain to impact and change the beef cattle industry.
Everyone is welcome to attend the International Symposium on Beef Cattle Welfare. Please plan to attend to learn the changes that our guest speakers anticipate in the future.
Register Today. Early registration ends May 1st, 2016.
A few of the featured speakers include:
- Temple Grandin, Colorado State University
- Joe Stookey, University of Saskatchewan
- Jeff Carroll, USDA-ARS, Texas Tech University
- Ed Pajor, University of Calgary
- Bernadette Earley, Teagasc Animal & Grassland Research and Innovation Centre in Ireland
- Karen Schwartzkopf-Genswein, Agri-Food Canada
- Ron Gill, Texas A&M University
- Joe Regenstein, Cornell University
- Mike Apley, Kansas State University